Vice President of Engineering
Vice President of Engineering needed for a rapidly expanding technology company. As an innovator of 'smart' consumer products, this company is credited with bringing the future to conventional household appliances. Their unique ability to 'reinvent the wheel' has transformed numerous cumbersome implements into self-propelled, timesaving devices. Their intelligent design approach yields products that combine sophistication and robustness with ergonomic appeal.
Company is benefiting from the overwhelming success of their current product offerings which is fueling their expansion into a multitude of new product applications. Revenue growth is anticipated to more than triple in the next twelve months, and to grow eight-fold within the next two years.
The successful individual will be a strong visionary leader who can direct and manage the build of a rapidly expanding engineering organization.
Located in the Great Lakes region, this metropolitan area offers a high quailty of life environment - including affordable housing and short commutes; top universities in technology, business, and medical research; and an abundance of four-seasons entertainment activities - including arts, cultural, and major league sports. Full relocation is provided.
Compensation: $155 - 175K, depending upon experience level.
• Minimum BSME (or relevant degree) and 17+ total years of applicable experience, including at least 10+ years in Product Design Engineering Management, with a record of progressively upward levels of responsibility.
• Direct supervisory experience of staff levels of at least 10+ individuals.
• Must have experience leading development of consumer related products.
• Demonstrated knowledge in the design of mechanized / electro-mechanically driven devices.
• Collaborative international experience, particularly with Asia.
• Demonstrated executive team leadership experience including successfully managing, motivating, and mentoring an engineering department, and the ability to attract qualified staff to the organization.
• Must be a visionary, experienced with creating and implementing a successful technology roadmap.
This is a unique chance to build and lead an engineering organization for a highly profitable, pioneering technology company.