Software System Test Manager
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Software System Test Manager needed for a leading producer of innovative computer user interface products, hardware peripherals and software tools. Renowned for innovation, this company's unique products incorporate advanced interactive video and speech synthesis technologies -- and are recognized as best-in-class and sold worldwide.
Will be responsible for effective planning and execution of test methods and procedures to validate that hardware and software products meet company requirements and standards for quality. Ensure sufficient product testing occurs and all measures are evaluated prior to product release. Work closely with engineering and product management to assess product readiness to release. Lead the evolution system test strategies and measurement, and manage and develop the system test team. Specific responsibilities include:
• Functionally manage and supervise System Test staff.
• Define and implement test strategies for all products.
• Establish and review test methods, including test automation.
• Plan and coordinate test schedules with engineering management.
• Set direction and make/manage commitments.
• Understand product features and functionality, develop test suites, and lead by example.
• 5+ years of system test experience, with at least 2+ years in a technical or organizational leadership role.
• Must have experience testing complex software applications.
• Strong project management experience, along with solid organizational and decision-making skills.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, and meet schedules and deadlines.
• Experience with automated test development and automated testing tools.
• Demonstrated experience with establishing system test practices and processes.
• Strong focus on delivering quality products.
• Highly analytical - must capable of thinking broadly and strategically.
Must have a sense of urgency and drive, with a demonstrated ability to deliver a complete, working solutions that meet specified deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work in teams.