Software Engineer / Tools Developer
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Software Engineer / Tools Developer needed for a leading producer of innovative computer user interface products, hardware peripherals and software tools. Renowned for innovation, this company's unique products incorporate advanced interactive video and speech synthesis technologies -- and are recognized as best-in-class and sold worldwide.
Position responsibilities: Develop configuration management build tools and scripts in support of localization of software products. Evolve current build processes by implementing automation scripts and tools necessary to support product localization. Also provide support for installation packages for software releases using Microsoft WIX.
Successful candidate will have the ability to automate processes using scripts as well as providing technical support to localizers in support of their locales. Desired skills and experience include:
• Software build process automation
• Windows based software applications
• Batch and scripting languages (such as Perl)
• Configuration and build management for software products
• Support of software installation packages using InstallShield and WIX
• Knowledge of source control systems such as ClearCase, CVS, Perforce, Visual Source Safe
Must have a sense of urgency and drive, with a demonstrated ability to deliver a complete, working solution that meets specified deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work in teams. Minimum BSCS, BSCE, BSEE, or equivalent degree required.