Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: New York City
Senior Mechanical Engineer needed for a leading developer of revolutionary high-performance, proprietary electronic systems.
Responsibilities will include leading design of large-scale mechanical equipment - including system layout, design and construction of chassis, racks, enclosures, and other key components. Design cooling and power delivery systems, perform thermal and finite element analysis, and direct prototyping, build and commissioning.
Company provides a dynamic and highly creative work environment, with ultra modern facilities, deep R&D resources, and a setting that enables exploration into a wide variety of new technologies.
Compensation and benefits are extremely generous. Full relocation is also provided.
• Minimum BSME (or relevant technical degree) and 5 to 10+ years of experience designing mechanical systems for rack mounted electronics equipment - such as large-scale CPUs, GPUs, servers, telecom systems, avionics, etc.
• Knowledgeable with cooling systems (water cooling is a plus) and power delivery/transfer systems.
• Familiarity with CFD tools such as Flotherm or Icepak.
• Knowledgeable with a variety of materials and fabrication techniques using sheet metal and machined components.
• Proficiency with SolidWorks and/or PTC Creo.
• Strong communication skills.
This is a unique chance to expand your skills and your career in a dynamic and creative work environment, and participate in the evolution of new technologies.