Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager needed for a leading manufacturer of energy exploration equipment. Company has been established for more than two decades and holds over 70% market share in their industry, and is credited with ongoing solid growth year over year.
Position will be responsible for assuring consistent product quality by developing and implementing a formal quality assurance plan and procedures. Also participate and lead two staff members in quality inspection procedures. This will include validating processes, providing documentation and managing staff. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Develop and implement a quality plan to that could meet ISO 9000 (or similar) standards.
• Work closely with production to teach methods and systems that insure quality and reliability are manufactured into all products and services.
• Work with Engineering on new products to insure quality plans are in place prior to release and "Quality" is designed into new products.
• Develop and maintain a Supplier Quality Index, utilizing statistical control programs, and work closely with purchasing to assure continuous improvement of the supplier base.
• Supervise and develop staff in the Quality Assurance Department.
• Must have 3 to 5+ years Quality Assurance experience in a Metal Fabrication environment.
• Statistical analysis, precision measurement, and process capability studies.
• Process Improvement, Analyzing Information, Strategic Planning.
• Ability to apply Common Sense to the Quality Assurance function.
• ISO 9000 knowledge - desired but not required.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.